The Staff and Governors of St. John’s C.P. School are committed to enabling all children to become lifelong learners and to acquire the attitudes, confidence, skills and knowledge to become resilient citizens within the community.
In order to achieve this, we aim to:-
- Provide a creative and personalised curriculum enabling all pupils to achieve their potential.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment in which children’s emotional well-being is of the utmost importance.
- Provide a wide range of rich and varied experiences which will raise aspirations and encourage enquiring minds.
- Establish purposeful and open relationships with parents.
The values we wish to develop in our children are:-
- A determination to do their best in all aspects of school life.
- Self-respect and self-esteem.
- Respect and understanding of others, including their beliefs, values, opinions and property.
- That good manners and acceptable social behaviour are important at all times.
- An understanding of healthy living.
- Recognise the importance of healthy and respectful relationships.
In order to develop these aims and values, it is expected that the staff will:-
- Respond with sensitivity, care and confidentiality to the pastoral needs of all children.
- Value the partnership between school and home ensuring all people with an interest in school are effectively involved in school life.
- Provide a stimulating learning environment which encourages independence.
- Provide a child centered curriculum which motivates and ignites a passion for learning.
- Use assessment to ensure improved outcomes for all children.
- Contribute fully to all aspects of school life and embrace professional development.